Saturday, June 8, 2013

[Review] Crimson Footprints by Shewanda Pugh

 
 
3.5/5 
STARS 
Jun 08, 13  


bookshelves: awesome-covers, kick-ass-women-characters, made-me-laugh, read2review
Read from June 06 to 08, 2013


I received this book from the Read it and Reap review program, Shewanda Pugh donated some copies for read2reviews.

Overall I gave this book 3.5 stars, it was a good book and I enjoyed reading it.

Usually I stick with young adult books, with a side of paranormal and fantasy but I'm glad I stepped out of the box and gave this contemporary romance a try because it was a good read.

Crimson Footprints is a familiar tale of girl meets boy but they are both from opposite worlds, think Cinderella but with more family issues and haters. Deena is a hard working women who is conflicted with the choice of budding career and her family, plus our sexy Tak's (the main character rich boy) father is her boss.

This story has trials and tribulations, loss and lots of emotions flying around. The author did a wonderful job and I felt the book had true depth. The tragedy in the book moved me and the love story touched me. I think the love story alone is worth the read!

So if you are looking for a good hunker down with a glass of wine and become engrossed in the story kinda book then you have to give this one a try.

PS- I totally dig the bi-racial twist, I have to say I haven't seen many books out there with them and I praise the author for writing about it with taste! I hope others follow in her trend!
 

2 comments: