Saturday, June 8, 2013

[Review] Born Wicked (Cahill Witch Chronicles #1) by Jessica Spotswood


5/5

bookshelves: awesome-covers, favorites, magic, whitches-brew, young-adult, smoking-hot-studs, read2review, made-me-laugh

Read from July 07 to 08, 2012



Okay, so this book was surprisingly good, actually good doesn't cover it, perhaps we should go with exceptional, down right electric, transcendent, stunning... well you get the point. I will admit it started out slow, but it evolved into an exquisite story full of passion, trials and tribulation that drove you to pulling out your hair in anguish! When I finished this book (about 10 seconds ago) I was stunned it was so good. I thought with the beginning it would turn out to be another dud, but no it was a diamond!

This story is full of love, passion, duty, strength, turmoil and anything else you wish to be in an breath taking story. I doesn't capture you right away, but when it does it's like an addiction you can't feed enough. I think the character personality shine and take a life so vivid you can literally see them unfold. Often I read books and they are so mediocre anymore I forget the names of the characters in a matter of seconds after completing the book but I know that there is no chance in hell (sorry for the Pg-13 term) that will happen. I am truly touched by the way this story unfolds.. mind you I am a little pissed at the cliff hanger but alas I can't tell you more with our spoiling it.

I would recommend this to anyone, it's perfect for all ages! If I could, I would start knocking on doors advertising... (but that seems a little silly/over the top) so I'm going to stick with telling you that I read some of the reviews on for this book and almost skipped it in fear that I would be wasting my time again, I hope none of you make that mistake. This book is not in the least bit confusing and yes the love story is not like twilight, but let me tell you the family loyalty and the camaraderie in this book is inspiring. In addition there is in fact a beautiful love story it's just not like most teen books where girl see's the boy and say's "oh your the one" and they ride off into the sunset.

Well enough on my rambling on and on, I think you get the picture. I loved this book and I think you will too!

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about reading Born Wicked for a while now. I guess I'll be adding it to my to-read list :)
    Great review and beautiful blog design!
    Looking forward to reading more reviews :)

    ReplyDelete