Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Anathema (Cloud Prophet Trilogy, #1) by Megg Jensen

Anathema (Cloud Prophet Trilogy, #1)Anathema by Megg Jensen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Reychel is a deprived slave to master Kandek, all her life. Deprived, because he refuses to allow her to see the sky or go outside at all. Reychel can't even look out windows! She doesn't question this and follows her life, not wanting her-self or others to be effected by her disobedience.
One day her best friend (who I hate) disappears and leaves her to this personal hell alone and scared, but is she really alone? And will she always be a prisoner? No, she is rescued by her friend only to discover a new world and life, what choices does she make, what roads will she choose and what is her fate!

Reychel is a small, quite, kind and sometimes infuriating girl that has lived her whole life following one rule, never question your master. So obviously when you read this book you expect growth and strength to be ignited in our young main character, and Megg Jensen doesn't let you down. She build the characters dynamics and traits with a true finesse. You watch this young girl grow into a brave young women. The character isn't the only thing growing either, the whole world that is described and made up for you is put forth so well you can see the moments pass. It was awesome and very entertaining to watch.

Over all guys, this book was great. I was enthralled from page one and enjoyed the short story of young Reychel. It was a wonderful break from the normal YA and NA books I've been bringing on. But be forewarned this is very young adult, borderline middle-grade, still worth the read but not as mature as most YA books out there. IT was an intriguing start to the series and I look forward to seeing how it all unravels.

You can also find my review @ http://heaventoearthreviews.blogspot....
**I received this book for an honest review**


View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Whoaa, this book looks amazing! I want to read it (bad.) But can't. :P Great review, Alex. <3 Yes, see my fancy title? I'm a reviewer for a blog now. Ok, I'll stop, cause I like being modest. ;)

    ReplyDelete