Monday, May 19, 2014

Branded (Sinners, #1) by Abi Ketner, Missy Kalicicki

Branded (Sinners, #1)Branded by Abi Ketner
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

**I received this book for an Honest review**

Holly mother of space ships! This book is deep, dark and gruesome… I love it!
Branded had so many contagious emotions, and I was catching them all. This book was an emotional roller coast for sure, but in a good way (I actually ugly cried), making you truly grateful after you finish it. Not just grateful for the beautiful story but for the fact that you actually came away with true enlightenment. For me it made me appreciate everything I have in my life, and no joke the second I finished this prodigious book I called my Dad and told him how much I love him.

With the crazy beauty comes the scary, gruesome melancholy. You literally can't help but be effected by Branded. The writing is that spectacular. It's magical and fast pace with a magnificent world, you wont be confused by the time, place or events. Everything is elegantly explained, not too much information and not to little. Because of that there are moments, for me at least, I felt truly horrific. The scenes unfolding before me were not for light hearts (or weak stomach) they are descriptive and spine-chilling. I see all of this as a huge compliment to the authors writing and massive talent and creativity.

So, more about this piece of artwork! This is a dystopian series that takes place in the future. This future is not pleasant to say the least, it is controlled by a viciously hateful man they call "The Commander". He believes that the world went to hell because of sinners and the only way for redemption is through retribution. His retribution is sending them to a deplorably lethal place called the Hole, but only after he has depraved them of everything, including there dignity. He Physically Brands them so that the world can identify their sin. There isn't a judicial system, just him, and if he believes you have committed one of the seven deadly sin you are sent to the hole with no hopes of survival, for it is dangerous, destitute and diseased. This is where the world starts for Lexi, she is shoved into a scary world with one guard and his dog, does she survive? Well, you have to read the book to see!

Overall my book friends, you have to give this book a chance! It's truly epic. Brand starts out
electric, waiting for nothing and no one, never slowing, so hold on and enjoy the ride!

Oh and PS- Awesome romance!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment